Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Look What I Found on Twitter Today!

Did you know that I recently joined Twitter? I was a little hesitant to join at first, but I am so glad I did. I've made so many meaningful connections with readers, writers, literacy advocates, teachers, dancers, and bloggers. Plus, I feel like I have so much more useful information at my fingertips than I did before. Just today, because of Twitter, I came across two great blog posts related to picture books and dance...

Grier Cooper is a fellow writer, dancer, and blogger whose website is a rich mix of information and educational material about movement and dance for children and adults. Earlier this month, Grier posted a review of the picture book Miss Lina's Ballerinas by Grace Maccarone (writer) and Christine Davenier (illustrator). You can read the review here

Written in rhyme, Miss Lina's Ballerinas tells the story of eight young ballerinas who are so used to dancing in four lines of two that they just don't know what to do when a new--and ninth--dancer joins their class. You can also get a good flavor for the book, which is reminiscent of the classic Madeline series, in this trailer...




The Children's Book Review, powered by writer Bianca Schulze, is another great blog featuring reviews of children's books, giveaways, and interviews with authors and illustrators. A couple of days ago, Bianca posted an oh-so-fabulous interview with Robin Preiss Glasser, who is the illustrator of the New York Times best-selling Fancy Nancy books. But, before Robin was a famous illustrator, did you know she was a professional ballerina? 

In the interview, which you can read here, Robin talks about her transition from dancer to children's illustrator, and about how dancing has influenced her art. You don't want to miss it!

Last year, I was lucky enough to meet Robin Preiss Glasser at a Fancy Nancy
tea party and book signing, which I attended with my girls. It was a blast!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute book! I love the trailer too :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria. I actually found the trailer by accident, but I absolutely love it. Shows the real "French" nature of the book, too. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled you like the interview so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Bianca. I actually didn't know that Robin was a dancer until I met her at a Fancy Nancy event last year, and I thought it would be so much fun to interview her. I'm glad you got the chance!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...