I'm so happy that Katie from Secrets & Sharing Soda (reviews and random thoughts on children's and teen fiction) has passed on "The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award" to me. Thank you so much, Katie!
We actually spent last Saturday afternoon picking strawberries at a local orchard near our home, and now our refrigerator and freezer are full of strawberries. I swear, though, that our strawberry picking had nothing to do with this very "sweet" award. It was simply a nice coincidence. Now I just need to see if I can whip up something as fabulous as the dessert featured on the button for this award!
But, before I can test out my skills in the kitchen, this award comes with four important responsibilities:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- Share seven random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 15 deserving blog buddies.
- Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
So here are seven random facts about me:
1. I share a birthday with author J.R.R. Tolkien.
2. I've developed a taste for dark chocolate and have a small piece almost every day.
3. I moved away from California four years ago and still miss it all the time.
4. I've been to India four times but have yet to visit the Taj Mahal.
5. One regret I have is not learning to speak a foreign language.
6. I have a secret aspiration to be a back-up dancer in a Bollywood movie.
7. This is my first blog award, and I am thrilled!
And here are 15 irresistibly sweet blogs for you to enjoy: