Thursday, April 24, 2014

Join the April Read & Romp Roundup!


I can't believe how quickly April is flying by! The warm weather here in California is inspiring me to get moving more than usual, and today I took my first dance class in a few months. Am feeling pretty good! Hope you are all enjoying warm weather and plenty of movement, too. And, since April is National Poetry Month, I hope you are finding some time to sneak in some poetry, either for yourself or for your little ones. If so, I'd love to hear all about it and how it might be related to movement!

Today's the official call for submissions for the April Read & Romp Roundup. If you have a recent (or even not so recent) blog post that involves picture books or children's poetry AND dance, yoga, or another form of movement, leave your link in a comment on this post. Or, you can reach me on Facebook or Twitter to let me know about your link. If you know of others who might be interested in joining the roundup, please help spread the word, too. I'll round up all the links and post them together in a few weeks. Hope to hear from you!

Submissions are open through Thursday, May 1, 2014. 

6 comments:

  1. Here's my latest…Smiles! Jayne
    http://abcsofreading.blogspot.com/2014/04/tap-magic-tree.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lovely book to add but haven't quite finished the review. As soon as I saw it I thought of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zoe. Can't wait to see it :) Happy weekend!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Kerry. Thank you so much for posting my new book UNDERPANTS DANCE! What a delightful surprise to stumble across your blog. Children's books and dance - yes! I don't have anything specifically posted yet about integrating dance/yoga/children's lit, but it is what I am doing and working on. For me, it's about unfettered self expression, and honoring that in all children. I could go on, but best to refer you to my site for now: http://marlenazapf.com/ Please let me know if you would like a review copy of the book.

    Best,
    Marlena Zapf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marlena! Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm glad you stumbled upon my blog! I actually wrote your publisher asking for a review copy of the book but never heard back, so I would LOVE one directly from you! Would also love to talk to you about how I can feature you on Picture Books & Pirouettes. Will go contact you now through your website :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...