Saturday, February 16, 2013

Join the February Read & Romp Roundup



Happy February! Hope you all enjoyed Valentine's Day and maybe even heard of or took part in International Book Giving Day, which happened on February 14th as well. I celebrated by donating a copy of the picture book Rachel Carson and Her Book That Changed the World (by Laurie Lawlor and Laura Beingessner) to the library of a local elementary school named after Rachel Carson herself. It felt really good to be able to match a great picture book biography with a school that could truly appreciate it.

Jodie at Growing Book by Book is hosting another fun activity on February 25th that I'm going to take part it. It's a blog hop called "Booking Across the USA," in which Jodie has rounded up educational and children's literacy bloggers representing all 50 states. Each blogger will be posting about a picture book that is related in some way to his or her state and will provide an educational activity to go along with it. I'll be representing Maryland! Stay tuned...

But, before all the fun starts later this month, I wanted to publish the official call for submissions to the February Read & Romp Roundup here on my blog. If you have a recent (or even not so recent) blog post that involves picture books or children's poetry AND dance, yoga, or another form of movement, leave your link in a comment on this post. I'll round up all the links and post about them together in a few weeks. I'd love to hear from you!

Submissions are open until Thursday, February 28, 2013. 

6 comments:

  1. Even though I really hope spring shows up soon, here's my submission for the roundup about snow! http://mariasmovers.com/2013/02/01/twirly-whirly-snow-dance/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. I'm sure there will still be more snow in some places this winter :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for reaching out to me on twitter, Kerry. I am very happy to be included in your February roundup, with a review of a super new app of PRANCING,DANCING, LILY by Marsha D Arnold: http://joannamarple.com/prancing-dancing-lilly-app-recommendation/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Joanna! I think I am going to have to buy this App :)

      Delete
  3. Kerry, I love the theme of movement. And its fun to see the roundup of different types of movement! This comes a little late, but would love to share the story of Jumping Jenny:
    http://www.stackingbooks.com/?p=1546
    This book also encourages a social cause!
    Thanks for hosting the roundup!
    -Reshama
    www.stackingbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Reshama. So happy you could join the roundup!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...