Monday, June 17, 2013

Read & Romp Roundup -- May 2013

Before June is over, I thought I better get the May Read & Romp Roundup out! So, without further adieu, here you go. Thanks, as always, to all who contributed and all who enjoy the roundups!


I'm so happy that Barb from Bookworm Yoga is joining us for the first time this month. Welcome Barb! Here on her blog she summarizes the picture book Otto the Book Bear by Katie Cleminson and shares a sequence of five yoga poses to go along with it.


Maria from Maria's Movers shares her movement ideas to go with the picture book Up, Down, and Around by Katherine Ayres and Nadine Bernard Westcott. See how the book inspired her students to become seeds, make spirals with their bodies, and have a picnic!


At OMazing Kids, Angela shares both a long list of picture books with seed and garden themes and yoga ideas to go along with all of them. She also includes music suggestions, craft ideas, and additional yoga lesson plans to match the theme. Wow!


At Stacking Books, Reshama reviews the picture book Lotta's Bike by Astrid Lindgren and Ilon Wikland. I haven't been on a bike in a long time, but I remember that feeling of moving fast and feeling the breeze on my face. Check out Reshma's post to see if little Lotta will get a bike for her fifth birthday so she can experience that feeling, too!

3 comments:

  1. Great list Kerry! Otto looks adorable, I must pick it up at the library.
    -Reshama
    www.stackingbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Reshama! I agree it looks cute. Hope you find a copy :)

      Delete
    2. Hi, again. Just realized I had spelled your name wrong (again!) in my post. Fixed it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...